Start a new topic

Emergency recording needs to lock more than one file

If something bad happens it can take some time for driver to be able to press emergency recording button to lock current file. But the event could have been recorded in previous file.

I think it would be very useful to have option in the settings menu to let customer select how many previous files to lock in case of emergency.

9 people like this idea

I have just witnessed an indecent, I pressed the emergency button a few seconds after and when I got home the A119 has recorded before and after but not the dam incident. I am fuming. Primary function is a massive FAIL! I basically now has around 30 seconds missing. The complete opposite to what you need. 

This should be a mandatory feature, other vendor daschcam's has this feature. Please include in the new release the possibility to lock the file before the emergency button is pressed.

Totally agree; allow emergency lock button press to lock the current + user selectable number of previous files from being overwritten.  Optionally also lock NEXT file after button press.

1 person likes this
Dear Viofo support, please answer our request!
The requested feature (emergency lock button press to lock the current + user selectable number of previous files from being overwritten) will be included in the new release?

Waiting for your answer!

3 people like this

Please reprogram the lock emergency recorded video button to prevent recording over a full 3 minute clip before and after the button is pressed. it only records a 40 second video clip starting at the time the button is pressed. I want it to lock the file that just recorded before the button is pressed.

3 people like this
Some of this is limited to the Novatek SDK.  Viofo can't program the firmware unless it's allowed in the SDK.  Novatek needs to update the SDK to allow these changes.  Resolutions 1440p and 1080p will save events differently because of this. 

I can't accept your answer, Viofo is producing the dash camera, why can't be the firmware modified?
What is the effect of resolution on the recording?

Your support customer experience is one of the worst!!!
You are not answering the customer questions and requests!

Of coarse the firmware can be modified.  But, Viofo is limited by the SDK.  The SDK is written by Novatek.  You don't need to believe me, that's fine.
By the way, I don't work for Viofo.  I am simply trying to help you and others. 
Good luck with your camera.

Oh sure! This is an extremely important functional! It must be mandatory! It is strange that he is absent...

Oh sure! This is an extremely important functional! It must be mandatory! It is strange that he is absent...

We have support here?

Viofo has said in the past that there are current limitations within the SDK for this chipset that will only allow the camera to save files a certain way.  Novatek needs to update the SDK to allow for more options.  FYI, resolutions 1440p and 1080p will save the emergency files differently.  One will save the whole current loop file, while the other will save about 20 before the button is pressed and 20-30 seconds after.

@Richard Irvine You say that previous and after video clip was saved but not that one as you push emergency button. Isn't it that this File you locked is in the "locked files" folder and not at the main folder? Did you look for this file in that folder? I agree prev current after file shoud be saved on press emergency button.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment