From the menu, there are 4 different modes: Standby Mode, Recording Mode, Playlist Mode and Setting Menu Mode. However, it does not tell users how one can enter these mode. Could you please clarify it. Thanks.
Check p9 & 10 of the Guide. It's tricky to change modes. Basically mess with the Rec to go between Stand-by & Recording mode.
Get to Playlist mode by starting in Stand-by & pressing the Emergency button
Get to Setting Menu Mode by starting in Stand-by & pressing the Menu button.
Here's what I do to get into the Menus:
1. Turn unit on and wait until it starts recording (i.e. the red led flashes).
2. After it starts recording, press "<". The A119 will stop recording and beep twice.
3. After it beeps twice, press MENU. The menu appears.
4. Press ">" to highlight the next function down in the menu, or press "<" to highlight the next function up.
5. Press "!" (exclamation point) to enter the highlighted function.
6. Press "<" or ">" to choose an option in the function, then go to the next step.
7. Press "<" to exit the function. Whatever option you chose will be remembered.
8. Press MENU to return to the recording mode.
Hope this helps!