Start a new topic

A119S / Pixellation Issues

After viewing this video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxxSdI8OgfY, we noticed an abundance of pixelation throughout the entire video. Would any of the experts care to provide any input?

Is this your video or just a video you've seen? YouTube will compress the video making look much worse than it actually is. Also, when playing YouTube videos back, make sure you have the playback set to the correct resolution on YouTube. For the A119S, I'm assuming it was recorded in 1080p @ 60fps, so make sure YouTube is set to 1080p @ 60fps.

Well aware of that aspect, in determining "quality" in the settings. Not my video, just one I viewed. How much are the videos compressed on YouTube ? Would a video uploaded at 1440 display a 1080, and would a 1080 display a 720, contingent upon compression ? 

I don't know the amount of compression.

Would you know of the remainder of the question posed in the previous inquiry regarding the 1440 and 1080; 'being downgraded or 'suppressed'  as to display a lower resolution? 

Unless you have a monitor with a resolution higher than 1080p, it won't be true 1440p anyway. I'm really not sure what YouTube does exactly, but its definitely better to watch raw video files straight from the camera and played on your computer.
Login or Signup to post a comment