Power the camera with at least a 5V 2amp (2000ma) wall charger as many phone USB chargers output only 500-1500mah. Also you need to make sure the charge cable is good.
Then try updating the software with a 32GB card or less formatted to FAT32 (larger cards use the EXFAT format and the camera will want to reformat them anyway) Then transfer the latest FWA119s.bin software file direct to the root directory of the card ensuring nothing else is stored on it and then install the card in the camera and power it on. It should wink the Record button light in 2 stages to let you know it has updated and then you should be able to go to the Menu and set your settings, etc.
If all that fails to work for you then you likely have a faulty camera.
Thank you for your reply, although useful I could not follow this procedure as the camera would power up to the orange VIOFO screen and stop.
Following you website instruction was more productive.
1. Format mini SD card
2. Download firmware upgrade for your camera (must be correct camera)
3. It is a zipped file so you NEED to extract it to a temporary file.
4. You then need to copy (bin) file to root of your formatted SD card.
5. Insert card into camera and plug into USB port.( must supply at least 1 amp) (usually not you computer USB port) car plug is fine
6. The camera will boot and the "REC" will flash. firmware will load.
7. When completed the camera will turn on.
Success the camera is now working again.(the seller was not helpful at all.)