Start a new topic

Constant Recording Question

I have hardwire my a119s and turned off motion detection and parking mode. My dash cam still keeps on recording even when my car is turned off. Is this normal? I would expect the dash cam to turn off once the car engine is off and parking and motion detection mode is off. Thanks.

If you're going to have the camera permanently powered then you want to turn on Parking Mode when you understand how the various modes work-

The sequence of events/modes is typically this:

Normal recording always at power up (at the Resolution/fps set in the appropriate Settings menu).  Normal recording is kept going by continued camera movement either via (G-sensor) and/or motion in the camera FOV ( i.e.- no quiet periods over 1.5 minutes)

The A119S will not switch modes until there is a quiet period for 1.5 minutes, then it switches to Standby (not recording).

Whenever motion is detected in the camera lens FOV again (but no physical camera movement via the G-sensor),  the A119S will switch to Time-lapse recording at the fps selected in the Parking Mode menu setting. (note that if you select typical 5fps in the Parking Mode then the Motion Detection setting is no longer required/allowed).  Motion in the camera lens FOV (with no physical camera movement) will then keep the A119S recording in Time-lapse mode until either of two things happen: 

1) If a quiet period again occurs for 1.5 minutes, the A119S will stop recording (go into Standby) or: 

2) If camera physical movement is detected by the G-sensor (eg. simply the car engine running/vibration), the A119 will switch back to Normal recording.

G-sensor activity will always switch the A119S back to Normal recording from either Standby or Time-lapse recording.

To go back to Time-lapse recording, the cycle must repeat sequentially, i.e., Normal to Standby to Time lapse.

Otherwise have the Viofo power down when you switch off the engine as it seems having the Parking Mode off and the Motion detection off as well leaves the cam permanently in Recording Mode? 

I was hoping once the engine shuts off and the parking mode is not enable it will just power down the violo but it doesn't seem to be the case if it's hardwired to constant power.

Login or Signup to post a comment