What Is CardReader Mode?
In card reader mode, your card card (inside camera) can be detected by computer and you can access its storage.
(If your camera has a screen, you will find its screen below)
(If you use a Non-screen camera like A139, you may find camera buttons get unresponsive and REC stays solid)
How to enter CardReader Mode?
Use the short USB data transferring cable and power the camera by the computer.
(In case you also have a power port in GPS mount, please use the camera side port instead for power.)
How To Exit CardReader Mode?
- Another Power Port: Power the camera with the GPS port instead. (if your camera has one)
- Use another cable: Use the car charger cable or a third-party power cable.
- Change the power supply: Use a power bank or a wall socket as a power supply.
- If the bin file for updates is already in the card, the camera will flash the firmware before entering card reader mode.
- For old cameras like A119, A119S, and A119 V3 old models, it is "Mass Storage" on the screen that indicates CardReader Mode.