Once connected firmly and steadily, all channels should record simultaneously, their videos stored in the card respectively.
While there do exist some unexpected situations.
- Connect to 2/3 channels but the interior/back camera (or both) are disconnecting once in a while, hear voice notifications of switching channels once in a while, or find the interior/back camera live video disappearing sometimes.
- Connect to 2/3 channels but the interior/back camera (or both), but only find main body recording.
- The main camera work alone well, but acts abnormally once connected to a second or triple camera.
- The main body works alone well, whether connected to a second or triple camera or not.
How to troubleshoot?
In all scenarios, please make sure you have tested with the original car charger, as well as the original rear/interior cables.
Please also test the main body alone.
Here we give detailed instructions to troubleshoot
- In scenario 1, it appears the connection is not stable, you can reconfirm the connection, or try a third-party able if you have one.
Note: 1. If you are using A139/A139 PRO 2/3CH, we suggest you test the other power port in the main body or switch the cable and camera of rear& interior cameras to cross-check.
2. If you use A129 PLUS DUO, the rear camera firmware may help.
- In scenario 2, if the rear or interior cameras are totally not detected, you may need a new cable or camera, or both.
In rare cases, it is the connecting port in the main camera that is faulty, you may seek VIOFO Support for a replacement.
Note: If you are using A139/A139 PRO 2/3CH, please remember to do the cross-check as we advised above.
- In scenario 3, the solution is different depending on your camera model.
As for A139, you may need new back cables or cameras'; In the rarest cases, the whole setup needs to be exchanged.
- In scenario 4, you may need a new rear/interior cable or camera, or both.